When it comes to relocating to a new area or region, it’s important that you know how to choose the right moving company because their rates, reliability, and attention to detail vary greatly from company to company.
Preparing for a move can be a stressful time, and it’s easy to become overwhelmed by all the things that need to get done. To help make your move go smoothly, following is a list of tips and suggestions on how to find the best moving company in Arlington VA:
Prior to your Moving Date:
1. When determining which Arlington moving company to hire, it’s best if you call at least three different companies in your area and get separate written quotes from each so you can compare the rates and competence of each.
2. Prepare a checklist before you begin the moving or packing process; cross items off as you accomplish them and add more as you think of them.
3. Start searching for a reliable and trustworthy moving company well before your moving date; one to two months should be sufficient.
4. Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if any of the companies that you’re considering have had complaints in the past. This could be a sign to choose a different company.
5. Check if the moving company is a member of a moving association or trade body.
6. Ask your potential moving company for referral to previous client and take the time to speak to a few of them. Check with co-workers, friends, family members, neighbors, and any realtors you know in the area.
7. Never except a quote over the phone.
8. Show the movers everything you want them to do during the in-home inspection.
9. Make sure you understand everything in the written estimate before signing anything.
10. If you discover that one quote is much lower than the others, this could be a red flag and is probably too good to be true. Use extreme caution with these compares and check them out thoroughly before hiring them.
11. Check that the moving company holds a valid state license and ask for a copy for proof.
12. Check that they are bonded and insured.
1. Use your time prior to your move wisely. You can easily minimize the amount of stress involved during the entire moving process by disposing of items you no longer use or need. You can also donate items to the Goodwill and other organizations who will distribute them to others who need them. This will reduce your packing time and lower the overall weight of your shipment. It may even reduce the overall cost of the move.
2. Mark you packing boxes clearly with a Sharpie felt tip pen. This will make it much easier when it’s time to unpack your items.
3. Consider carrying your most valuable possessions on your person. You can also ship them via Fed Ex and insure them separately; this ensures you valuable items are in safe hands at all times, and you won’t be agonizing about your items and their safety the whole time.
If you follow the tips and suggestion outlined above, your move should go off without a hitch.